Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thoughts and Prayers Sympathy Card

I have not had much of a chance to stamp In My Craft Room lately, but I just had to put all other things aside and create this card.  I pulled out a left over card kit from a previous class, used the colours and switched a few of them.  Then I pulled out Thoughts and Prayers, a set I love but it has been unloved lately!
I used some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz on the Crumb Cake cardfront, then some Champagne Mist Shimmer Spritz on the Baja Breeze piece at the bottom.  Lots of bling, LOL!  Here is an up close shot of the bling ....

For the Whisper White punched border strip I used the XL Snowflake punch.  Can you believe it????  Here's a bit of a tutorial for you.  Click on the pictures to make them bigger and easier to see.
I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 5-1/2 x 1-3/8, then I lined up the bottom edge in the first level of two of the spikes of the snowflake punch like this ....
Then you slide the cardstock over and line it up just past the part you punched previously, like this (notice you can just see the punched part in the very left hand side of the snowflake punch) ...
You continue punching like this until you have punched all along your cardstock.  You will end up with an edge like this ....
And here is a picture of it with the Baja Breeze piece mounted on it .....

Now isn't this something different?
Stamps:  Thoughts and Prayers, Fundamental Phrases
Ink:  Always Artichoke
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Regal Rose
Other:  Snowflake Punch, Trio Flower Punch, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Champagne Mist Shimmer Spritz, Basic Pearls, Texture Plate from Kit #4
Bye for now and Happy Stampin' ~   ~    ~    ~    ~    ~   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenda, lovely card, I have this stamp set, and need to make some sympathy cards. This is good inspiration for me. I have some of the vanilla smooch spray too, love that stuff! Hugs, Rea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails