Saturday, March 5, 2011

Flip Over Calendar - CASEd

I was lucky enough to be the recipient of one of Barb Tripp's Flip Over Calendar at Stampin' Up!s recent Vancouver Regional Seminar. It is awesome, thanks Barb! 
EDIT:  Barb got it from Susan Easter (part of our Vancouver Island Demo Group) who got it from a friend in the USA.  Contact me if you are the originator and I will gladly give you credit!!
I CASEd it and made some minor changes and will give this to my workshop Hostesses this weekend.  Here are some pictures ......
This is the calendar standing ......
and from the side .....
and here it is open and lying flat ....
and the bottom stand part .....

It is quite ingenious, the stand part is attached on one side, and removeable from the other, when you want to change the calendar to the inside ones, just slip the removeable side out, flip the calendar over, and re-insert the stand.  Voila! 
Here is the Winter page ....

and closer up of the ribbon and heart embellishment ...

And this is Spring ......

And the bird closer up, notice the rhinestone for the eye .....

And now for summer (Barb showed me how to make this flower, I love it) ....

I used Champagne Mist Shimmer Spritz on the flower, you can just see it here .....

And last but not least Fall ....

Of course the use of the Owl Punch was mandatory, don't you just love these little cuties ....

I made these calendars while away in our trailer so I had limited supplies.  I forgot to bring the Snowflake Die with me for the Winter page, and had to make do with a Valentine's theme instead.
UPDATE:  If you would like instructions and downloadable calendars, please see THIS post from Mon. Mar 7, 2011
Thanks again, Barb, for sharing your awesome creation, I hope I have done it justice.
Happy Stampin' ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...   ...          

7 comments:

Candy said...

Oh it's great, Glenda!!
Wonderful gift.
Love how you decorated each section :o)
Hugs, Candy

Wanda said...

Great card Glenda - love this idea and you did such a wonderful job with it. TFS

Char said...

I love your flip calendar's they are so pretty, I love giving calenders, do you have a turorial on them. thanks for sharing, Char

Sandy said...

This is really neat Glenda - thanks!
Sandy

veronica said...

Gorgeous and cool idea. Love your flower, will have to make. Where do u get your calenders?

Anonymous said...

Cute calendars! Hope your doing well., hugs, Rea

Rhonda said...

I love your calendars as well. I would like to know where you get your calendars and also if you have a tutorial. Thanks for posting your calendars.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails