Monday, November 22, 2010

Gift Card Holders - Post #5

Well yesterday was a truly cold day in our part of the world.  Not temperature wise, if you compare us to a lot of other places (only just below 0 deg celcius) but it is so damp here that the cold penetrates anything you are wearing.  I guess I have become whoosie in my "older" age, but I don't like the cold as much any more.  We did take James (our Grandson) up to the mountains to see snow.  Being only 2.5 yrs old he has not seen real snow yet.  The first year of his little life, we had mountains of snow, but he was way too young to remember that. Last year, we did not get any snow at all, so this year is the BIG year for him and for our forcased snow fall levels.  We put up our Christmas lights on the house today because it was not raining, snowing, or blowing as it usually is when we put them up.
Now on to the fifth post of my Gift Card Holders.  I have had lots of emails asking for the dimensions, so I am going to post them here for you (at the end of the post) with a picture of the inside of the holder.



These four use a couple of different punches and some interesting ways to use them.  I hand cut the ornament on #4 so it could be layered with some Brushed Gold cardstock and the Ornament Punch.  The reindeer is on the Designer Label punch and layered on top of the Decorative Label punch.  I went around the outside of the Designer Label punched out Whisper White peace with the Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker to give it a bit of definition on top of the Whisper White Decorative Label punched out piece.  The red flower also uses these two punches, then I added a Basic Rhinestone in the middle of the flower.
Here are the details for the dimensions.......

Cardstock
10 3/8 x 4 1/4
Score at 2 and 5 and 6.25 and 7.5

1st Layer                               Second Layer
1) 4 x 1.75                             1) 3 7/8 x 1 5/8
2) 4 x 2.75                             2) 3 7/8 x 2 5/8
3) 4 x 2.75                             3) 3 7/8 x 2 5/8
4) 4 x 2.75                             4) 3 7/8 x 2 5/8


Belly Band
6.75 x 1.25
Hope those dimensions work for you.  Here is a picture of the inside of one of the holders:
Thanks for visiting, I'll be back tomorrow with more.  Yup almost done with them.
 ............ ............. Glenda Mollet  ................ ...........

2 comments:

Monica-FC said...

I love the card holders, how neat but oh so functional. I have a blog award for you at my blog, please stop by and pick it up when you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I really love this set!!! I love reindeer's, so this is right up my alley. These will be great gifts. Hugs, Rea Sorry my post are so behind. I had been sick, and having a hard time keeping up with life. It's taking a while to get my strength back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails