Wednesday, August 4, 2010

For You Business Card Holder

Good afternoon!!!  Don't you just love this weather, but boy, oh boy, do we need some rain.  We are very lucky that there are no forest fires around where we live, but the rest of British Columbia, Canada is burning up in over 400 Forest Fires right now. 
I read in a business booster post somewhere (sorry can't remember who) that I should be going out shopping etc. with a bunch of small notes that hold my Stampin' Up! business cards to give out to people who are kind in some way, or when I talk to someone who is trying to buy a greeting card.  So I made up these.............
The cardbase is River Rock, then I added a layer of Concord Crush.  On top of that is Poppy Parade which I stamped once with an image from Just Believe in Poppy Parade for a tone on tone look.  The frame image from Just Believe is stamped in Concord Crush on Whisper White cardstock, then I cut that out. I stamped "for you" in River Rock in the centre of the blank space.  Once it was all stamped and cut out, I spritzed it with some Champagne Mist Shimmer Spritz (oh la la is it glittery I used about 2 oz of 70% rubbing alcohol and 8 drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint).  I put one of Stampin' Up!s brand new Basic Rhinestones on the topmost flower for a bit more bling.
You can't see it, but inside I used my Vintage Jumbo Wheel and ran it across the bottom half of the card using River Rock ink.  Then I attached my business card with some Dotto Repositionable adhesive so the card can be removed if necessary.
I wanted to make an impression with this little bit of creativity, so I used Poppy Parade and Concord Crush which are very intense colours.  This little card shows how Stampin' Up! colours coordinate, two of the new In Colours and matching inks, as well as the new Basic Rhinestones and two of the neutral colours.
Thanks for visiting today, I'm off to create some more...........  Glenda Mollet

1 comment:

Candy said...

Very pretty - love those two bright colours together. What a great idea it was that someone had too :o)
Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails