Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shimmer Paints

I am having a technique class this month for the Shimmer Paints. I will be doing 5 ways to use the Shimmer Paint, and each participant will go home with a bottle of Frost White Shimmer Paint of their very own. If you live in Port Alberni, BC Canada, and want to join my class, just email me!
I cased this first card from Andrea Walford. It uses my all time favourite (and very first Stampin' Up! stamp set) stamp set Lovely As A Tree.
Other supplies:
Whisper White cardstock, Not Quite Navy classic ink pad, silver cord, sponge, top note die, acetate.


Then I wanted to use the same colours and stamp set and try the Shimmer Mist technique.

Here is how I made this card:
1. I mixed the rubbing alcohol (99%) and Platinum Shimmer Paint - 2 oz. of rubbing alcohol and 6 drops of Shimmer Paint.
2. Cut a card from Not Quite Navy carstock - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 "
3. Using my Shimmer Mist created in #1 above, I spritzed the entire front of the card and let it dry
4. Cut a Top Note die template from acetate
5. Using dotto I adhered the card onto scrap paper, then I adhered the acetate template to the scrap paper overtop of the card front.
6. Using a sponge and Not Quite Navy classic pad, sponge around the outside of the top note template
7. Then I applied the Platinum Shimmer Paint direct to the Lovely As A Tree stamp
8. Stamp the trees onto the top portion of the cardfront
9. I applied the Platinum Shimmer Paint direct to the sentiment and stamped it in the lower right hand corner of the cardfront
10. Using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I stamped the sentiment again with Basic Black classic ink


I am in Tofino again, the weather here is beyond awesome. We were walking on Long Beach yesterday in shirtsleeves. Then this am we walked on Mackenzie beach in shirtsleeves again. I can't remember it being this mild at this time of the year EVER!! Here is are some quick pictures of the view outside our trailer window.......



Well that's it for today, off to the beach again............
See you soon In My Craft Room................... Glenda Mollet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails