Wednesday, April 4, 2018

You're Inspiring - Daffodils and Watercolor Pencils Card Share

Hi Friends!

The You're Inspiring stamp set from Stampin' Up! is such a beautiful springy stamp set, I just love it.  Daffodils are always a bright and cheery sign of spring.  Who can't resist them.

They seem to pop up everywhere, even randomly in fields and roadsides.  I know someone planted them once upon a time, and I thank them for their thoughtfulness every time I see a "rogue" daffodil waving hello in the gentle spring breeze.

Today's card share is an Easter card I made that was inspired by one I saw by Sue Vine.  I changed some stuff on it and made it my own.....


The bottom Lemon Lime Twist embossed piece you see is actually on the inside.  The base is cut 1" smaller on the front and a piece of window sheet was added so you can see in to the embossing on the inside.  We layered a piece of gold foil onto the Thick Whisper White card base, then a strip of Daffodil Delight punched with the Decorative Ribbon punch.  Then we added the window sheet on top of that (or is it underneath that???? LOL).  The sentiment and background for the sentiment, were punched using the Bow Builder punch.

I coloured the daffodils with the Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie Watercolor Pencils.  We used the Old Olive pencils for the leaves.  Such a soft and beautiful effect you can get with the pencils and an aqua pen.  You don't have to make this an Easter card, you can use it for birthday or thinking of you, or even a sympathy card.  You are only limited by your imagination!

Thick Whisper White - 7-1/2 x 5-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
Gold Foil 1/2 x 5-1/2
Daffodil Delight 6 x 1 (cut to fit), 3 x 5-1/4, 1 x 3
Window Sheet 1-1/2 x 5-1/2
Whisper White 2-7/8 x 5-1/8, 1-1/2 x 3
Shimmer Ribbon (we used the now retired sale-a-bration ribbon) 6-1/2 " and a bow

If you need help on tying bows CLICK HERE to go to my Bow Tutorial page.  You will find a complete list of supplies I used for this card below my signature.

We are off to Red Deer, Alberta for the spring Stampin' Up! OnStage event this weekend.  Oh my I am so looking forward to meeting up with friends and making new ones along with all the fun events Stampin' Up! has in store for us!

Have a Crafty Day!












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails