Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Happy Miss Piggy - A Cased Card

Hello Friends!

I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday, filled with Love and Happiness.  We sure did, and on top of that, we had a white Christmas.  It is very rare that we see snow at Christmas, and yesterday it was picture perfect.  We did some sliding at our son's house, and it was in the sunshine.  Well part of it was in sunshine, but it did poke out for a bit. 

Now it's time to share a cute card that I cased from Julie Gilson over at Stampin' Gala.  I met Julie in Phuket at the Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation last July, and she is truly talented.


I did change a few things on it to make it my own.  The background is done using the Ruffled embossing folder, and the Pink Pirouette flag is embossed with the Petal Burst folder.  Miss Piggy is coloured using the new Stampin' Blends, the most amazing alcohol markers by Stampin' Up! 

Here are the ones I used:
  Piggy - Light and Dark Pink Pirouette
  Piggy Hooves - Light Calypso Coral
  Flower - Light Daffodil Delight and Light Old Olive
  Grass - Light Old Olive

Then I used the Colour Lifter to highlight a few areas on Miss Peggy.  The ribbon is Sweet Sugarplum Striped Ribbon and I tied a bow using my Bow Maker (see THIS PAGE on my blog for a tutorial on how to tie a perfect bow each time).  To do the sentiment I stamped it on a separate piece of whisper white (5/8 x 2) and cut it out and layered it over the sentiment that is on the stamped image.

The flags are cut out using the Triple Banner Punch and I added a Glitter Enamel Dot to the center of the flower. 

Here's the recipe:
  Thick Whisper White - 8-1/2 x 5-1/2
  Pink Pirouette - 5-1/4 x 4 and 5 x 2
  Whisper White  5-1/8 x 3-7/8 and 4-1/2 x 2 and 5/8 x 2

I hope you have a fantastic day as I sit here creating In My Craft Room looking out at our winter wonderland.

Have a Crafty Day!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails