Friday, March 21, 2014

Bootiful Birthday - Pop Up Box Card (aka Card In A Box)

This is the second Card In A Box card ....




I bought this stamp set - Bootiful Occasions - with a specific girlfriend in mind.  We have been friends since we both moved to Salt Spring Island, BC way back in grade 9.  I won't tell you the year, cuz then you would know the BIG secret!!!  LOL  But let's just say it's been a "few" years.  She is the quintessential cowgirl.  She lives on acreage, has horses, and works on a cattle farm (in her spare time) as a cowboy in trade for hay for her horses.  She lives quite a ways away from me, but we have one of those friendships that outlasts time and distance.  So this card is to the cowboy boot (her), from the rubber boot (me).  I live on Vancouver Island where we get LOTS of rain all year round.  Her birthday is not for a couple of months yet, but I can't wait to send it to her.
This is the second card we made in my February Cool Moves class.  We had a blast!

  Stamps:  Bootiful Occasions, Just Sayin'
  Ink:  Real Red, Midnight Muse, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party
  Markers:  Island Indigo, Real Red
  Paper:  Pool Party and Real Red Core'dinations, Whisper White, Red and Silver Glimmer
  Other:  Arrows and Alphabet Press Embossing Folders, Sanding Tool, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Basic Rhinestones, Word Bubble Dies, Star die from Circle Card Framelits, "Hi" die from Label Card Framelits

These cards are super fun to make.  If you go to my last post HERE, I posted a link to the tutorial for it.

Happy Stampin' ... 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails