Monday, August 26, 2013

Stampin' Up!s My Paper Pumpkin Try It Kit


If you are unsure if you want to commit to the My Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kit, you can order the "Try It" kit.  

Here is a picture of what you get in the kit ....


And this is what they suggest you make with your Try It kit ....


Well .............  I couldn't just make what they wanted me to make, now could I?  So I took the colours that coordinate with the butterfly stickers (Island Indigo, Bumball Green and Summer Starfruit) and went to the Designer Series Paper section of my Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue (pgs 150-154) and looked for the paper that had those colours listed in the descriptions.  I recently did a New Catalogue Share where I ordered each of the new Designer Series Papers and shared them with a bunch of customers.  I made sure I saved a 6 x 12 piece of each of those DSP for myself.  So the choice was wide open to me.  There it was, Soho Subway DSP has Island Indigo and Summer Starfruit in it!!!  Whoopeeeee.  
I measured the notebook and cut a piece 7-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches, then rounded the corners with the Corner Rounder Punch.  I scored the center of the DSP twice 1/8" apart to make a spine, and adhered the back cover to the DSP.  Then I found some coordinating Chevron Ribbon which happened to be Pear Pizzazz.  I did not want it too dark so this was perfect.  I adhered it to the front part of the DSP, then wrapped the Summer Starfruit Baker's Twine (exclusive to this kit) around 3 times and tied a bow just like in the picture above.  Here is my finished project .....


I moved the stamps to the bottom to balance the bow, and added three butterflies above the dots.  To change the butterflies from a sticker to like cardstock so they did not stick so I could 3D them, I just poofed them with my Embossing Buddy.  Then some Basic Rhinestones (cuz a girl can never have enough bling) finished off the butterflies.  The rhinestones look pink because I was wearing my Strawberry Slush Stampin' Up! Hoodie and it reflected in them!  Looks cool doesn't it????


And to use the remaining butterflies (you get 12 of them in the kit) I just added them to the pages inside, staggering where they were on the pages.


Now I have a cute journal to keep in my purse and when I am away from my craft room, and get inspired for a card I have some graph paper with me to draw it out and jot it down.  Or if I get a call from our Grandson, James, I can jot down what time and where to pick him up!  Never again will I be without paper in my purse.  It is also a great way to show potential customers the kind of work I do.  Hmmmm  maybe I should make a pocket out of  a couple of pages and insert a few business cards and 50% off or Free Card Class cards.

Contact me if you would like to sign up for My Paper Pumpkin, or any of my classes.  See my Class Schedule page HERE is the link, or just look at the top of my blog under the header and click on "Newsletter and Classes".

Happy Stampin' ....  

1 comment:

Candy said...

Hello Glenda,
I like your book better than the one they suggest you make!
Much classier :o)
Big Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails