Saturday, September 10, 2011

Perfect Plum Stitched Stockings CASEd card

I saw Sandi MacIver post a card on Sept 7th and I decided I would case it.  HERE is a link to Sandi's card.  And here is the card I created ....
I used the Doily Triple Layer Punch to create the right hand edge and the colours are Perfect Plum and Very Vanilla.  I made my leaves out of the Silver Glimmer Paper.  I love how Sandi used the new Vanilla Velvet Ribbon for the top of the stockings.
Stamps:  Stitched Stockings, Christmas Greetings
Ink:  Perfect Plum
Paper:  Perfect Plum Patterned DSP
Cardstock:  Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla
Other:  Doily Triple Layer punch, Stocking Builder Punch, Little Leaves Die, Silver Glimmer Paper, Basic Rhinestones, Mini Jingle Bells, Vanilla Velvet Ribbon, Lots of Tags Label #1
I used the Lots of Tags Label #1 die to cut out the layer for the sentiment.  I took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 1-1/4 x 5" and folded it in half.  Then I put it over the die down from one end and cut it out.  It had a bit of a bend in the middle, so I added some shimms to my big shot, put the piece between the two clear cutting mats and ran it through the Big Shot, basically squishing it.  And it "ironed" out the bend.  Too cool!  Then I mounted it on a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock and hand cut it out.
Thanks, Sandi, for the inspiration.
Happy Stampin' ............

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails