Friday, January 14, 2011

Starship Enterprise Birthday Card

Recently it was my DH "almost as old as dirt" birthday ...  LOL!!  Soon he can apply for free money - aka Canada Pension Plan, if it still exists by then.  A while ago Kelly Mayou posted THIS Trekky Christmas card where she created the Enterprise.  I absolutely loved the card and knew that was going to be DH's birthday card.  He watches Star Trek, well actually any of the "star" related programs out there, even if they are reruns!  I was thankful for them recently when he was so sick and could not do anything, he was entertained by all of "his" shows.  I did a few design changes to the Starship Enterprise, and created my very own card to go with it. 

I pulled up a picture on the net of the Enterprise, and while it was up DH wandered into my craft room!  Can you imagine the nerve, heehee.  Anyways, I kicked him out, but I think he knew what was going on.  But he did love the card in the end.

Stamps:  Classic Stars Wheel, Whimsical Words
Ink:  Basic Black, Pacific Point
Cardstock:  Pacific Point, Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Enterprise punch art, small Star punch (retired), XL Tag and Large Tax punches

Punchie is made out of Brushed Silver and Real Red cardstock.  For my punchie class (yup we will be doing this little baby soon) I used Real Red, Certainly Celery and Pacific Point cardstock for the lights.  For this card I used some coloured rhinestones.

Happy Stampin', thanks for visiting today!  Glenda Mollet

3 comments:

Candy said...

Oh Glenda!!!
I hope he loved it.
Fantastic work on this one.
Is he all better now? Sure hope so.
Hugs, Candy

Anonymous said...

WoW!! How creative this is. I tell ya, you are the paper piecing Queen! Hugs, Rea

cabio's craft corner said...

That's is such a fun card!!
Hugs,
Cabio

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails