Sunday, January 16, 2011

Autumn Splendor Birthday Card - CASEd Card

On page 119 of the Stampin' Up! IBC 2010-11 there is a little box using this stamp set and DSP.  I took the box and made a card out of it ............
This card has lots of fussy cutting on it.  I wanted a masculine birthday card, so could not use flowers or ribbons and bows.  So I dug out my Linen Thread and created a focal point with the stamp set "Autumn Splendor".  I stamped the oak leaves in Early Espresso, then used daubers to add colour to them with the inks listed below.  Then I cut them out.  I did not even use any bling on this card!  For the acorns, I stamped them in Early Espresso as well, then added Crumb Cake to the entire thing, then a bit of Soft Suede to the cap and let it invade the nut part a bit.  Then more fussy cutting.  Here is a close up of the leaves and acorns so you can see the layering    .........


I wrapped the Linen thread around the DSP / Basic Black layer, then tied a bow onto it after layering the leaves and acorns.  I stamped the acorns in the background behind the sentiment as well using Early Espresso, but I stamped them off first on some scrap paper.

Stamps:  Autumn Splendor, Messages For Mom
Ink:  Early Espresson, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Peach Parfait, Bravo Burgundy, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Newsprint DSP, Very Vanilla and Basic Black cardstock
Other:  Daubers, Linen Thread, Magnetic Movers and Shapers die - Punch Windows set, Modern Label punch
Bye for now, I'll be back tomorrow!       Glenda Mollet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great guy card, love all the clever ways you used the ink colors. Like your fussy cutting too. Hugs, Rea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails