Friday, July 9, 2010

Presto Patterns DSP Thinking of You card

I had to make 3 sympathy cards while we are away, not an easy feat considering my limited supplies!  I did manage to find a "Thinking Of You" stamp and paired it with Friends Never Fade and Because I Care stamp sets.  Here's what the card looks like............
At my Open House for the new catalogue on June 30, we had a discussion about Presto Patterns DSP.  Concensus was that it had a few pages in the package that were for Scrapbooking, not for making cards.  So I decided to use one of those sheets when making this card (I made 3 similar).  I spritzed the DSP with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz, smooshed it with Technical Paper (toilet paper LOL) then layered it on Early Espresso with Whisper White cardstock. I really like the design on this sheet, I think it would also make a great masculine card...... hmmmmm!  Then I used Whisper White Organza ribbon and tied it around the DSP and cardstock layer, and a ribbon treatment I saw a while ago somewhere. I used a Filigree Brad then put a Clear Rhinestone Brad in the centre.  The image layer is Early Espresso and Whisper White.  The Friends Never Fade flower is coloured with Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke markers.  The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso, and the line of flowers inbetween them is from Because I Care, and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler.
I think this card hits the mark for a sympathy card (I really do hate that expression and never, ever use it on cards anyways!) and it is quick and simple to make.  A minimum of embellishments, but what I have used stands out.
Thanks for looking, it was 29 deg celcius in Alert Bay today, thank goodness for Air Conditioning in our trailer!  Bye for now, and thank you so much for visiting my blog.
.....................................................................               Glenda Mollet

1 comment:

Patty Bennett said...

Absolutely fabulous !! What a GREAT use for that particular sheet in the Presto Patterns pack.. i didn't know WHAT to do with that one. Thank you!
Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails