Monday, July 5, 2010

Daffodil Delight - IBC 2010-11 Sneak Peek

I know the catalogue has been out for a few days now, but I made these cards before it's release, so that's the reason I am saying "Sneak Peek".  This card was cased from Darlene McCallum (again!) .  HERE is her blog post.  Darlene used Pacific Point cardstock, which is a returning colour from a couple of years ago.  It is now included in Stampin' Up!s newly renovated Brights Collection.  I wanted to use the new colour Daffodil Delight - part of the new Brights Collection as well. 
I used Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock along with the Daffodil Delight.  One of my favourite stamp sets - Inspired By Nature - creates the awesome image in Basic Black.  The sentiment is from Elegant Cheer.  This card also showcases the new 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon.  These ribbons have a delicate white edging on them.  And they are narrow so very easy to create bows and knots with.  The three black brads just finish off the whole effect, don't you think?
Almost done now, only one more card in my Sneak Peek Open House series.  I hope they have inspired you in some small way.  Stampin' Up!s new Colour Renovation brings in some truly fabulous colours.  I just wish I had the time to make up cards from all the new colours.  Unfortunately I ran out of time and did not get Early Espresso, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade or Blushing Bride done.  Oh well, maybe over the next couple of days I can get those ones done.  Happy stampin'...........  Glenda Mollet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails