Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Goodies

This post has pictures of the Valentine's Day goodies I made for our children and their families. The idea for the first one came through Patty Bennett and it uses the Fancy Favor Die. It is supposed to use the Heart Shaped Sweet Treat Cups, but the chocolate Lindt hearts don't fit in the heart shaped ones, so I had to use the round ones.



The first set uses Sending Love Specialty DSP, the second set uses Flock Together DSP. I just love the new satin ribbons from the Occasions Mini catalogue. This one uses the Real Red ribbon. Of course I did not find out that the chocolate hearts don't fit into the heart sweet treat cups until after I punched the holes in the pouch, so I had to fit some circles around the round treat cups to hide the little bits of the punched heart that was left after I punched the 1-3/4" circle over top. Oh well, they turned out ok! I used some non SU brads from my stash.

This is the box of treats I made for the most important little boy in the world, our Grandson, James! We had the blessing to have him for the day on Friday. He is at that cheeky impish almost 2 yr old stage. He loves to tease, play hide-and-seek and tromping through mud puddles (which there was a plethora of yesterday, let me tell you!). Oh what a treasure he is, we had such a fabulous time with him. This box uses the Box#2 die for the Big Shot. I decorated it simply with some punched out hearts. The embellishment on the right hand side is a piece of leftover Sending Love Sp. DSP I cut out, then I added some punched hearts using the new Small Heart punch and some paper from Welcome Neighbour DSP from the SAB brochure. I added a non SU flocked heart brad in the middle. Its simple, but he is more interested in what is inside, than outside!!! The cardstock is Real Red.



Thanks for looking, have a great day!........... Glenda Mollet

3 comments:

Candy said...

Great job, Glenda. Love the box of treats you made for James. The flower made of hearts is really cute!
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

These are so cute Glenda!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Ret said...

love these! very clever with the chocolate hearts in the window. really nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails