Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Extreme Snowboarder

As promised, here is the birthday card I created for our niece. She loves to snowboard and ski. Recently I asked her and she said she prefers snowboarding. When Stampin' Up! came out with these awesome stamps, I knew this one was destined for Lisiane and her next birthday card. The "splat" from the Extreme Elements set is so versatile. I just love using it for backgrounds behind strong images and have used it quite a bit, although this is the first Extreme Sport type of card I've made. I think my next project will be to use this image using the Chalkboard Technique.............. hmmmmm. Anyways, here is the card:

I made it a Joy Fold card, here it is partially open:

I wanted the splat to be Bordering Blue and I wanted to use Perfect Plum. River Rock just seemed to be the perfect base colour to use with this combination. I did not want any designer paper, as my colour combination was so strange I knew I would not find a suitable paper. So I used the other stamps in the Extreme Elements set to create patterns on the paper. On the left hand flap, I stamped the dots in VersaMark, then the stars in River Rock. There is not enough contrast in the two inks to make the stars stand out more than the dots, as I wanted. But it looks ok anyways. I stamped two of the sentiments in Basic Black ontop of the stamped images. Inside I stamped a piece of the Perfect Plum paper with the stars using Perfect Plum ink for the base of the inside and daubed some Perfect Plum ink around the outside. Then the sentiment flap is just Whisper White on top of Perfect Plum. I really like making this kind of card and thought it would be a bit different. I left the end of the inside sentiment flap with no adhesive on it so we can slip the "gift" under the flap and use it as a gift card / money holder.
Here is a list of the ingredients:
Stamps: Extreme Snowborder, Extreme Elements, Family Phrases
Ink: Basic Black, Bordering Blue, River Rock, VersaMark, Perfect Plum
Markers: Basic Black, Perfect Plum (for the sentiment inside)
Cardstock: River Rock, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Other: Pinking Hearts Border Punch
Thanks again for taking time out of your busy day to visit my blog.
....................... Glenda Mollet

1 comment:

Candy said...

What an amazing card for your neice. Great job!!
Love your last 3 punchie cards as well.
Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails