Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chalkboard Technique With A Twist

The other day I was blog hopping and discovered Karen Barber's blog with an awesome twist on the Black Magic Technique. I made a couple of the Black Magic pieces then wondered what it would do for the Chalkboard Technique. I am doing that technique with my Wednesday morning ladies in a couple of weeks, so I have been working on some samples. I added Karen's hint of using a white signo pen to highlight parts of the chalked image. Wow does it ever pop out the image! I really like how it looks. Here is an up close picture of the stamped image (from the now retired Beautiful Borders set). I stamped the image in Whisper White craft ink on Basic Black cardstock. Then I used non SU shimmer chalks to colour the image. (I used these because my Wed a.m. group like these particular chalks). Then I let loose with the white pen.


When it turned out looking great, I thought I should just go ahead and create a card to showcase it. So I used Groom Specialty DSP and turned it into a Sympathy card. I do not like the words that include Sympathy, so that is why mine says Think of You..... and inside it says Please Know That I Care. Here's the card:


Here's the recipe for the card:
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers (sentiment), Beautiful Borders (retired)
Ink: Whisper White Craft
Paper: Groom Specialty DSP
Cardstock: Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum
Other: Scallop Oval punch, Movers and Shapers Scallop Oval die, Black Jumbo Grommet, 5/8" Basic Black GG Ribbon (my satin has not arrived yet, but will probably change the bow to satin when it comes), Scallop Trim Border punch, Sharpie White pen
This technique is so much fun, you should go and give it a try. Adding the white pen just pops and finishes the image perfectly.
TTFN and TFLooking........... Glenda Mollet

1 comment:

Candy said...

Fantastic job, Glenda.
I have to say I like yours way better than Karen's as I didn't like all the white she left showing on hers.
Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails