Friday, January 29, 2010

Beary Best Friends Baby Card

I had to make 2 baby girl cards today. So I made 3, just in case! I wanted to do some more colouring with my Copics and this image seemed not too difficult. Each image I tried something different with the shading and the light source. They turned out not too bad. Here' s the picture of the outside and inside of the cards (they were all identical except for the colouring / shading):

I used Pale Plum for the card base, and Whisper White and Perfect Plum for layers that were punched with the new Pinking Hearts Border punch. The image was stamped on Whisper White cardstock and coloured with the Copic markers. I then stamped the swirl from the Priceless set in Pale Plum around the edges, and the flower from Priceless in Perfect Plum in amongst the swirls. I popped up the Perfect Plum from the punched WW layer on dimensionals. On the front I tied Whisper White Organza ribbon on one, Whisper White taffeta layered with Elegant Eggplant 1/4" Grosgrain ribbons on another one, and for the third one I dyed the WW Organza with the Pale Plum marker (then wiped it with a baby wipe to even out the colour which works awesomely - the first time I've tried that). But I forgot to take pictures of those ribbons, they looked ok too. There is no sentiment on the front of these cards as I did not want it to interfere with the coloured image of the bear. Inside I stamped the train from the "Teddy and Train" set in Perfect Plum, and the sentiment from "Full Of Life" set in Pale Plum and Nursery Necessities "It's A Girl" in Pale Plum. The WW piece inside is daubed around the edge with Perfect Plum ink.
These cards were fun to make, but very time consuming. All that colouring and blending and shading..............
Whew, that was a long afternoon. Now on to my next project. Have a great day and I hope you get to spend time In Your Craft Room too!!! .... Glenda Mollet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails