Thursday, January 28, 2010

Two-Step Bird Punch Card

Today I was inspired by two awesome stampers. First Gretchen (HERE is her link) - and the 3 levels of cards she does her "Takin' It To The Top Tuesday". And Darlene (HERE is her link) - and a card she made. Thanks for your inspiration Ladies.
I did the three "good", "better", "best" steps to these cards. First I started with a basic card:

This one is plain, has no sponging or spritzing on it at all. I did put some faux thread in the buttons. To make it I used:
Paper: Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper
Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Punches: 2 Step Bird, Modern Label, Word Window
Other: Pretty In Pink Satin Ribbon, Playground Designer Buttons
For the second one I sponged around the DSP, added some spritzing colour on the Whisper White piece behind the bird using the Colour Spritzer Tool (page 192 of the IBC). I spritzed on Pretty In Pink marker ink, then some Rose Red, all over. I spritzed Bashful Blue ink on the top half and Old Olive on the bottom half. I upgraded the buttons as well.

For this one I used:
Paper: Sweet Pea DSP
Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Punches: 2 Step Bird, Modern Label, Word Window
Ink: Regal Rose
Markers: Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Other: Pretty In Pink Satin Ribbon, Colour Spritzer Tool, Filigree Brads, Rich Regals Brad, white brad (non SU), sponge
Then I did version #3 - the Over The Top one:
For this one I did some brayering on the Whisper White piece behind the bird, it still has sponging around the DSP. The flower on the right hand side is hand made. I made the same type of flower for the Twist Top Box I made in THIS post. I punched two of the big flowers from the Boho Blossom Punch, ran them through the crimper about 5 times, turning them each time. Then I sponged Rose Red ink on the outsides. I shaped the layers, and glued them together with Tombow glue. Then I sponged some Rose Red ink around the outside of the Pretty In Pink Corderoy Button and adhered it to the center of the flower with a glue dot. Each of the birds has a black dot for an eye for which I used the Basic Black Stampin' Write marker. The rest of supplies are the same as for the other cards. Here are pictures of the button embellishments up close:
and this is what the inside looks like:
I plan on using the first version as a demo for Home Workshops, and have the other two on hand to show what you can do with the same basic card. Thanks ever so much for taking the time out of your busy lives to visit my blog. I appreciate it!..............Glenda Mollet

2 comments:

Shanda Stirk said...

Glenda - your cards are just fabulous - i love visiting your blog and getting your emailed letter. This card is so pretty and i love the inside! Shanda

Candy said...

All 3 cards are fabulous Glenda. Anyone would be thrilled to receive any of them. Love your work today.
Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails