Friday, August 10, 2018

Accented Blooms Card Share

When the new colours came out from Stampin' Up! in June, I was so excited to see so many new and returning favourites.  Highland Heather and Powder Pink go together really well.  So I decided to create a card using the Accented Blooms stamp set and these two colours.

https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/product/146681/accented-blooms-clear-mount-stamp-set?dbwsdemoid=2028928
I think this stamp set is versatile, there are so many things you can do with it.  And it co-ordinates with the Tailored Tag punch, too.


I used the Ruffled embossing folder on the background piece.  I haven't used it too much, but I so love the effect. It is also "ambidextrous", you can use either side of the embossed panel.

I stamped the image onto Whisper White cardstock using VersaMark ink and then White Embossing Powder. Once it cooled off, I sponged on some Powder Pink ink, making it darker around the image and lighter towards the top right corner.  I wrapped the Sheer White Ribbon around the Highland Heather layer twice, then tied a separate bow and attached it with a glue dot.  The sentiment was stamped with Memento, then punched out with the Tailored Tag punch.  I also punched one out of Highland Heather, cut it in half lengthwise and layered it behind the white punched piece.

You could use some Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Pen on the flowers if you like, that would add some bling to the card.

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you have a wonderful week!
Stampin' Blessings

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails