Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Having Fun With Embossing Paste

Hello Friends!

Embossing Paste has been around for a long time, but I sure don't remember it being this fun! I believe it all has to do with the amazing quality of the Stampin' Up! Embossing Paste.

https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/searchresults.aspx&dbwsdemoid=2028928

It is so smooth, and dries in no time at all.  And there are so many techniques you can do with it. (click on the picture to go to my online store for all the details).

When I was first playing with it, I did a few card fronts just using white paste on white cardstock. Then I thought, oh let's colour this.  So I added a few drops of Lemon Lime Twist reinker.  I couldn't stop making art pieces to use.  I took a card from Amy Koenders and turned it into a journal for our recent trip to Asia with Stampin' Up!.  Then I thought, I could do a cover for some note books for my Monthly Stamping Club!  Here's what I came up with for the journal ....


I loved working with the Embossing Paste so much that I created a Technique Class with 3 beautiful cards.  Of course then I could not stop and I have created a few more projects as well.  But those I will share later on.

Yesterday was the Embossing Paste Technique Class, here is one of the cards we created ....


I used the embossing paste "natural" right onto the black cardstock. Then after it dried for a bit it was sponged it using Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Lemon Lime Twist.  I used the Oh So Eclectic bundle (Oh So Eclectic stamp set and Eclectic Layers Dies) to make a floral spray and added some Black Shimmer Ribbon.

It doesn't take any time at all for the paste to dry, we just did the pasting first, then it dried while we created the other elements of the card.  You can also use the heat gun a bit to hurry the drying time along, just be careful you don't burn the paste.

Here's a video by Stampin' Up! on how to use the paste.  If it disappears, CLICK HERE for the link ...



I hope you get a chance to create with the Embossing Paste.  If I can help you get your supplies, CLICK HERE to go to my Canadian Online Store, or EMAIL ME and I will be happy to help.

 Have a Crafty Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails