Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Masculine Sunburst Card Share

Hello Everyone!

Here is the second card we made in last week's Monthly Stampin' Club get together.
May is masculine month In My Craft Room.  All of the projects in my events are masculine.


I didn't order this Starburst die for a very long time.  But finally broke down and now I LOVE IT!!!  I have used it on a few cards since I adopted it.  This card uses a couple of stamp sets that will be retiring on May 31st.....  The Open Sea and World Map background.

I stamped the World Map background stamp on a 4 x 5-1/4" piece of very vanilla cardstock, then cut it out with the Starburst die.  I also cut out a piece of soft sky cardstock with the same die.  When adhering them together, I turned the world map one a bit to offset it from the soft sky piece.  To create the ship element, I stamped the sailing ship in early espresso ink onto a piece of very vanilla cardstock, then punched it out with the 2-1/2" circle punch.  This was then sponged with crumb cake ink to antique it a bit.  The early espresso circle was cut out with the circle die #6 (counted from the inside out).  The ship was adhered flat onto the early espresso circle, then they were popped up on the starburst pieces using dimensionals.  I coloured the water under the ship with the soft sky marker then used some Wink Of Stella Brush Pen - Clear to add a bit of bling - of course!  heehee even on masculine cards.

The sentiment from Number Of Years was stamped in early espresso on a piece of very vanilla cardstock and punched out with the washi label punch.  I sponged it as well, and added some early espresso ink around the outside with the marker.  It is adhered with dimensionals.

If you are in Canada and would like to order these great sets, and anything else from the Stampin' Up! catalogues, HERE IS A LINK TO MY STORE.   Or you can EMAIL ME and I would be happy to place the order for you.  A complete list of products I used to create this card can be found below.

The new 2016-17 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue is coming out real soon.  If you live in Canada, and don't already have a demonstrator, I would be pleased to send you one.  Contact me at the email link above, and we can make it happen!

Have a crafty day!  Glenda Mollet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails