Monday, March 28, 2016

Stampin' Up! Floating Reinker Technique Card Share

Hello Everyone!

As promised on Friday, I am back today to share with you the two cards we created in my Floating Reinker Technique Class last Thursday.

I first did this technique back in 2011 when Sandi MacIver introduced it in a video and tutorial.  It is an AMAZING technique, and no two flowers turn out the same.  We used the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set way back then, but then Stampin' Up! retired that set.  I have been waiting ever since for a stamp set that would suit this technique and was so glad when the Occasions 2016 Catalogue came out this year and Birthday Blooms was in it.  Yippee!!!

Here is the first card we created ....


I was inspired by a few different cards for this one.  The Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper is on the inside and it peeps out through the die cut - from Botanical Buidlere Dies.


I added some flourishes from Everything Eleanor stamp set, and die cut three leaf stems out of Basic Black cardstock using the Rose Garden Dies.

Here is the second card we made ....


I cased this one from Becky Roberts over at Inking Idaho.  I love the soft simplicity of this card.  Both cards we a huge hit with my stampers.

One tip I will give you, and it is a huge one, is not to sweat it if your flower does not look very nice when you have just finished colouring it.  It will look real messy and unkempt but boy does it change when it is dry. Then you cut out the flower, and leave all the messy edges behind, and it is like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon.  It is simply amazing.

Here is a link to a video by Sandi MacIver back in 2011 on how to do this technique.  I have been having some "issues" with the videos not posting so I will give you the link as well as try to embed the video in my post.

Here is the link to it on youtube.com  ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDpVqB1w1Z0

Here is the video (I hope, LOL) ....



When I did the class, I completely forgot to water the reinkers down a bit.  So sorry Ladies!  Also a heads up about the Pink Pirouette reinker.  It has been reformulated to work with the new foam ink pads.  It looks very gray when you first spread it around on your cardstock.  But just wait till it dries, as it will dry the correct colour.

Have a Crafty Day! Glenda Mollet

Here is a supply list for both cards:


1 comment:

Candy said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Looks like it is easy - but could I DO IT??? LOL
I will try one day and let you know.
Big Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails