Thursday, January 28, 2016

Customer Appreciation Dinner - Spinach and Strawberry Salad Recipe

Last night I held my Annual Customer Appreciation Evening and Dinner for all my wonderful customers.  Everyone is invited and we have so much fun!

I provide Bacon Wrapped Date appies, Lasagna, Spinach and Strawberry Salad, Baking Powder Biscuits, and desert squares.  In the past I bought the lasagna and deserts, and made everything else.  Because of allergies, my hubby was unable to eat any left over lasagna,  So this year, I made the lasagna as well!  A lot of work, but my fabulous customers are so worth it.

The recipe for the Bacon Wrapped Date appies is HERE IN THIS POST.  If you scroll down my blog, on the left side is a list of tags, then find the Recipes one, and it is there, and I will be pinning this one there as well as I have been asked for the salad dressing recipe.  I did still purchase the desert squares because I really don't like to cook, and attempting to bake along with everything else, was overwhelming to me.  Oh well, maybe some day!!!

Here is a picture of the lasagna before it was cooked, and our grandson helping me by rolling all 4 lbs of bacon worth appies (you cut each bacon piece in half, so you can imagine how many we made, the container to the back of the picture was full!) ...



Here's the recipe for the salad .....

Spinach
Strawberries - sliced
Pecans - can toast if you like
You can also use feta or goat cheese if you like
Dressing:
3 tbsp strawberry jam warmed
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Using a whisk, stir the dressing until it blends together well.  The jam being warm really helps in this.

Hope you enjoy it, it is one of my favourite salads.  I don't like eating raw spinach, but its great in this salad.

Have a crafty day!  Glenda Mollet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails