Friday, April 4, 2014

Paper Pumpkin Kit - March 2014 - Glittered Greetings

I finally had a chance to make up the awesome cards that came in the March Paper Pumpkin Kit!

Here is what the instructions suggest you do with the supplies.  There are Thank You and Congrats wooden embellishments ....


Then one of my very talented stampers (Hi Louise B) shared with me that she used embossing powder on her embellishments, so of course I had to try that. This one has Silver embossing powder first, then while it was still hot I dipped it in Irridescent Ice embossing powder for some added bling ....


Then I brought out the Gold Glitter and applied it to the wooden piece and put some Basic Black cardstock behind it.  I rounded the corners with my Envelop Punch Board .....


Then I pulled out all the stops in the bling department.  I used Gold Glitter on the sentiment, then because I always cut off 3" of the Gold Foil Envelope Liner that is provided in the kit, I used that for the background.  I layered it on Basic Black cardstock, and cut a piece out of Basic Black with my Window Framelits Die.  I also used a slice of Calypso Coral cardstock for some contrast.


Then I had to do a Gold Foil Paper background for the Congrats sentiment.  I used Basic Black to layer the Gold Foil, then again to layer under the sentiment.  This time I did not alter the wooden accent at all.


I added Basic Black to a Coastal Cabana card base, cut the front off of one of the supplied cards, and layered the Gold Foil and Basic Black pieces cut out with the Window Framelits Dies again.  The wooden accent is left as is for this one.


Finally, for card #8 (yup that's right, you now get 8 cards in the Paper Pumpkin Kits), I used a Whisper White card base, layered Basic Black on it, and cut another card front off of the card supplied.  Then I used Black Embossing Powder on the wooden sentiment and some Gold Baker's Twine.


So there's some ideas for you while making up your March Paper Pumpkin Kit.  If you are a current Paper Pumpkin Kit subscriber, you can also purchase extra kits this month!  These were a lot of fun to make.

HERE is a link (or if you can't click on that here it is again ....
 https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en-ca/?demoid=2028928
 to go to the Paper Pumpkin website and sign up for your very own subscription.  It costs $24.95 plus tax per month, and you get 8 cards, or other papercrafting projects to do.  That's only $3.50 per card (with BC taxes included).  And I have a LOT of Gold Foil paper left over.  My thoughts are that you don't need a liner in the entire envelope as you only see the top 2 inches or so.  So why not save it for another project???

Happy Creating ......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails