Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Double Easel Card


This Double Easel card adds a bit more to the regular easel card ....



Every Wednesday morning I get together with the local Seniors Club and a bunch of really great ladies.  These ladies could teach me a thing or two about card making as most of them have been creating cards for a long time.  But they always graciously accept the cards I bring to create with them.  Every once in a while I am not able to join them, then one of them will bring a project to share with the others.  The Double Easel card was one of them. Luckily I asked them to bring their project with them the next week so I could see what they did.  Even better, the creator of the card brought me my very own sample to take home! Thanks, Karen F!!!!  I used her idea (her's was a different size from mine) and created an A2 size card (the normal size 4-1/4 x 5-1/2") and used Stampin' Up! stamps.  This is what I came up with ...

  Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes, Papillon Potpourri, Label Love
  Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip Marker (to make the birds)
  Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze
  Other:  Artisan Label Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Basic Rhinestones

The biggest thing with this card is to make sure the piece inside that holds the flaps when the cards is open, is high enough to hold them solidly.  I used two dimensionals stacked on top of each other to make it high enough.  You can go to youtube.com and search for "Double Easel Card" and you will find some video tutorials on how to make this card ....

Happy Stampin' .... 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails