Monday, June 10, 2013

Swallowtail Sympathy card - cased


Keeping with the Butterfly sympathy theme, I have another one to share with you today using the Swallowtail stamp ....


I saw this card on Jackie Topa's blog Addicted to Stamping.  I believe it was a card cased by "Wilma", but I am unsure who the originator is.  I love the quiet peacefulness of it.  Once again it uses En Francais as a background stamp.  I just love this stamp and hope it is around for a very long time.
I stamped the Swallowtail on copy paper and cut it out to create a mask.  You stamp the Swallowtail on the white cardstock first, then put the mask over the stamped image and stamp En Francais in Basic Gray over top of the mask.  Then I sponged some Soft Sky ink very, very lightly on the white cardstock avoiding the butterfly, so it remained white.

  Stamps:  Swallowtail, En Francais, Loving Thoughts
  Ink:  Soft Sky, Versa Mark, Basic Gray
  Paper:  Whisper White, Soft Sky
  Other:  Black Embossing Powder, copy paper (for mask), sponge

Try this great technique, it is easy and carries quite a punch of peaceful quietude.

Happy Stampin' ....  

1 comment:

Candy said...

Now this one I LOVE!!!
Yes it says quiet and peaceful to me too.
Excellent card.
Will have to get what's needed to make it :o)
Big Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails