Monday, June 3, 2013

Cupcake Birthday card


Although this card has some retired products on it, I wanted to share it with you because you can adapt it with supplies from Stampin' Up! that are still available ......

I had a lot of fun creating this card.  It was one of the cards we did in my May "Girls" Stamp-A-Stack.  What little (or not so little) girl wouldn't love to receive this on her birthday?????  You could adapt it to any colour scheme if your girly girl is not into pinks.
To make the background, I put my Pretty In Pink ink pad directly on the inside of the Honeycomb Embossing Folder and smooshed it around to spread the ink.  Then ran the white cardstock through my Big Shot.  I did not use a brayer as I wanted the distressed look.

   Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Netting background stamp (R), Henry Says (sentiment) (R), Woodgrain background stamp
   Ink:  Pretty In Pink (R), Real Red
   Paper:  Whisper White, Pool Party, Pretty In Pink (R), Silver Glimmer, Red Glimmer
   Other:  Honeycomb EF, Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon (R), 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Soda Pop Top (R), 1/2" Circle Punch, Cupcake Punch, Elegant Lines EF (R)

Makes me want to make some cupcakes.  I recently had an Open House Tea Party to reveal the new 2013-14 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and I made 146 Mini Cupcakes.  They were sooooo cute, and boy did we have a fabulous day.  We even did a make 'n take which I will share with you next post.

Happy Stampin' ....   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails