Sunday, October 2, 2011

Christmas Altered Candy Wrapper Boxes

At convention they showed us how to extend the Candy Wrapper Die so it can hold more goodies.  Here is a couple of them that I made up ...
 and cloer so you can see a bit of the bling I sprized on this one ...
 I wanted this one to look like a Santa belly.  I used Clear Embossing Powder on the buttons.  The Silver glimmer Paper adds a lot of bling to it ...
 And closer ...
I had a dickens of a time making the ends fold on the first one.  HERE is a link to an awesome video by Dawn Olchefsk on how to do it, and it works lickety split every time.  The second one I just folded and tied a bit of ribbon around.
To make this extended box I used a piece of cardstock 7 x 5 and folded it into a piece 3.5 x 5 and ran it through the Big Shot using the die.  I just did not have the folded end right to the very edge of the cutting surface.  It's quite easy. Let me know if you need me to do a tutorial on how to do it, but I am sure there are some out there somewhere.
I may be MIA off and on for the next few days as we are travelling again and there is limited internet access.
Happy Stampin' .....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails