Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Season of Friendship

I was sitting looking out at our gully and all the leaves on the trees turning golden colours and faling to the ground.  It inspired me to create a card with the tree from Season Of Friendship (page 102, Item 111776, $29.95).  It is one of those sets I purchased and have not gotten around to using until now!  Here is the fall card I came up with .....
When we were at Convention in July, one of the demonstrations was how to make these cute little flowerette medallions with the 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (page 195, Item 124140, $10.95).  You just cut a length of ribbon (I used 3") and gather it with a bit of thread (I used crochet cotton) and tie it into a circle.  Then I added a Brights Glimmer Brad (page 199, Item 121006, $6.50) to the middle to keep with the fall colour scheme.  Here is a closer view for you ...
 Last week Patty Bennett shared how to use the Decorative Label punch (page 209, Item 120907, $22.95) to make the cute little punch out I used for the sentiment.  HERE is a link to the video tutorial on Patty's blog on how to do this....
You can also see what I did to the background of the Riding Hood Red layer.  I used the Fancy Fan Letterpress (page 217, Item 123129, $9.95) and VersaMark ink.
Stamps:  Season Of Friendship, Really Retro
Ink:  More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chhip, Always Artichoke, VersaMark
Cardstock:  More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Shimmery White
Other:  Decorative Label Punch, needle, crochet cotton, Fancy Fan Letterpress, More Mustard Scallop Dot Ribbon, Brights Glimmer Brad
    More Mustard - 8.5 x 4.25
    Riding Hood Red - 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
    Chocolate Chip - 3.75 x 3.5
    Shimmery White - 3.5 x 3.25
Happy Stampin' ......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails