Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Simple Friendship and Presto Patterns DSP Fond Farewell......

I pulled out one of the stamp sets I have been "crying" over since it was announced it is retiring.  This set is almost worn out (if you can wear out a stamp set) because I have used it so many times.  It has been my go to set when I wanted to add flowers or a swirl to the inside of a card or matching envelope, not to mention the front.  I also pulled out some of my shrinking stash of Presto Patterns DSP and this is the card I came up with .....
I added some Daffodil Delight and a happy surprise of a stamp set that is NOT retiring. It was in a recent mini catalogue and is not located in the new 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalogue!  Happy Dance being done over this one.  I sponged some Peach Parfait around and down the center of the butterfly and stamped (stamped off first) the flower from Simple Friendship in Daffodil Delight behind the sentiment.
Stamps:  Simple Friendship (retiring), Bring On The Cake
Ink:  Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait
Paper:  Presto Patterns DSP (retiring) - two different patterns
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black
Other:  Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon (retiring), Basic Pearls
Thanks for visiting, don't forget to hurry and get your retiring stamp sets and accessories before they disappear on June 30.  Some accessories have already sold out!  Click on the link to my Online Store, then "shop now" top right hand corner and go to the Stampin' Up! Online Store for all the up to date Last Chance items.  Or simply click on the links to the left and email me with your order.
Happy Stampin.      

1 comment:

Ann said...

Glenda, I love yellow and black together. (My favorite rock bands colors are yellow and black) The peach did a great job for the shading. This card looks very simple but yet elegant. Hope your doing well. Hugs, Rea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails