Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Strength and Hope card share

Yesterday was the most beautiful day of the year so far. Hubby did not have to work until 2 pm so we did some touristing in Sicamous. We went to the golf club restaurant and had their Sunday Buffet, then we did a round of golf. The temperature was in the mid teens, there was not a cloud in the sky anywhere. We had such fun golfing, the course here is great for a relaxing round. Here is a picture of our trailer parked beside the golf course. In front of the trailer is hole no. 4, and behind the trailer about 15 feet runs the Eagle River. There are only 4 trailers here and two are unoccupied at the moment. Talk about pure bliss!

Today I decided to create another Strength and Hope card for my June Stamp-A-Stack. I got out the pinks to keep with the Breast Cancer theme of this very versatile set.
I used the Eyelette Border Punch on the bottom of the Pretty In Pink layer, then used it again to create the strip flower embellishment. I cut a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock 1-1/8`wide and punched it on both sides. Then I added some Basic Pearls in the middle to finish it off. I also did a LOT of spritzing with Champagne Mist Shimmer Spritz on most of the layers of this card. The bling IRL is quite amazing!
Here is the butterfly up closer ....

and the twine and punch embellies ....
Stamps: Strength And Hope
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose
Paper: Presto Patterns Specialty DSP
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose
Other: Basic Pearls, White Baker`s Twine, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Eyelette Border Punch, Champagne Mist Shimmer Spritz
I hope you were able to get out yesterday and enjoy the outdoors. We move tomorrow to Kelowna, BC which is in the sunny Okanagan Valley. We will be camped alongside Okanagan Lake. Don`t think it will be swimmable at this time of the year, but I hope to at least dunk my toes in the water!

Happy Stampin` . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

Ann said...

Have I told you how hooked I am on all the pinks Stampin' Up has to offer. Pink Pirouette is my favorite! Beautiful card, butterfly really sparkles. Glad to see your having fun. Hugs, Rea

Chanda said...

This is so pretty! I love how you did the butterfly. Does the stamp just come out that way, or did you do something special like using daubers to make it lighter in places and darker in others? It really is lovely! Thank you so much for sharing!

~Chanda Stehlik

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails