Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Daisy - Felted Cardstock Technique

Earlier this year we were visiting my DH's Mom and there was a family get together. We were using some "lovely" napkins and discussing them and having a good laugh. Then we started discussing using them on a card and I told them I could make cards that weren't too awful with one of the napkins. Of course they did not believe me. So months go by, and now two of the ladies are having birthdays and I just had to resurrect one of those terrible napkins and create 2 birthday cards for them. I used the Felted Cardstock Technique HERE is the link to the technique how to on SCS. Here is the first card I created.............



The background of the cardfront uses one of the napkins fused to whisper white cardstock using plastic wrap.  I used some retired wider Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, the flower is made using the new SU Island Floral die in Tangerine Tango, then a layer of Daffodil Delight cut using the Circles 2 Die (this is the medium circle).  Then I stamped the sentiment, punched it out with the 2-3/4 circle punch and ran it through the Big Shot with the SU Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  That's it, the most time consuming part of this card was creating the background.  It took me a while to get the iron temp correct and get the napkin fused.  I hope Aunty Eve enjoys a laugh when she opens this card.
Tomorrow I will post the second card I created with this napkin, and maybe a picture of the napkin too!
Thanks for visiting, have a great day tomorrow.......  Glenda Mollet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails