Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Birthday Wishes - Felted Cardstock Technique

As promised, here is the second card I made using the Felted Cardstock Technique (here is the link on SCS).  First here is a picture of one of the sides of that "lovely" napkin....
Isn't it wild???
Here is the card I created ............
The card is Tangerine Tango, then a layer of Chocolate Chip, and then the Felted Cardstock background piece.  I used a non SU punch at the bottom of the Tangerine Tango strip with a piece of Crushed Curry ribbon on top (my Daffodil Delight ribbon has been back ordered!!).  I cut the largest scallop from the Scallop Circle #2 die in Tangerine Tango, then cut it in half and put it above the strip.  The flower is Daffodil Delight punched with the XL Scalloped Circle punch, then the 2-3/4" circle punch in Very Vanilla with the sentiment on it.  The new Because I Care stamp set from the upcoming 2010-11 IBC provided the flower stamp on the sentiment piece and I stamped it in varying depths with Tangerine Tango.   Another fun card to make and I hope my SIL gets a good laugh out of it, she can use one right now.
I hope the rest of your week goes well, enjoy the summer weather, all too soon we will be back to cold, snow, rain, and shovelling!!    Glenda Mollet

3 comments:

Chriserendipity said...

Glenda, what a great vision you had for this napkin....it's a wonderful card!

Chris in Calgary, AB Canada

cedargirl said...

This card is so beautiful! It is like summer in an envelope! Very lovely!

cabio's craft corner said...

That is such a fabulous idea Glenda. Never try felted technique, but it sure looks so much fun and that you make me tickle to try them :o) Thanks for sharing this pretty card!
Hugs,
Cabio

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails