Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ruby Red I {heart} Hearts card

This one was inspired and partly cased from Carol'Anne a truly amazing stamper. She shares the most amazing tutorials almost every day. Anyways, here's my card:

I used a non SU embossing folder to texturize the Ruby Red layer. You can't see it, but there is actually a piece of Basic Black Satin ribbon running along the black border piece over top of the Ruby Red section. I wanted to showcase some of the new SAB and Mini Catalogue items and this is the second card for my Stamp-Of-The-Month club. My SOTM for February is the I{heart} Heart set. Stampin' Up! is donating $2.00 from each stamp set sold to the Haitian Relief Fund. So I decided, I would donate 10% of the stamps price to the Haitian Relief Fund (Canadian Red Cross) for each of these stamp sets I sold this month. I am also having a FREE class for anyone who purchased this stamp set from me.
I used:
Stamps: I {heart} Hearts, Whimsical Words
Ink: Basic Black, Ruby Red
Cardstock: Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla, Ruby Red
Other: Scallop Trim Border and Corner punches, Heart To Heart punch, Full Heart punch, Small Heart punch, non SU embossing folder, Basic Black satin ribbon
I wanted the medium stamped hearts to stand out a bit on the creamy caramel piece so I ran the basic gray marker around the outside of both of the hearts after they were punched out. It worked! I was so pleased. The small ruby red heart (from the Heart To Heart punch) is layered on a black heart punched from the Small Heart punch and they are popped up ontop of the fancy heart with a dimensional.
Off now to bed for the night. Tomorrow is my Monthly Punchie Class, the Baby Bunting and the Mermaid. Should be a fun filled day of Stampin', Chocolate, Laughter and Friendship. Ah what a wonderful life!!!! Glenda Mollet

2 comments:

Candy said...

Pretty - pretty!
Hugs, Candy

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card. You added a lot of special details to this card also. I love the embossing and your addition of the border punch. very cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails