Thursday, December 3, 2009

Glittered Christmas Tree Ornaments

I fell in love with the Glittered Ornaments that have been shared. I went to youtube and watched a couple of videos to make sure I was getting it right. HERE and HERE. Then I just dropped the reinker into the clear ornaments and took a deep breath. I discovered a few things.
1. It says to use 20 drops of reinker, I only used 15 because I am cheap and did not want to waste all that reinker by just pouring it back out

2. It also says to use 1 1/2 tsp of glitter, well I just kept reusing the glitter I poured out and it all turned out great, you can't even tell it has been reused.

3. If you don't like the end result, just wash it out with some warm water, let the ornament dry out and redo it. It works like a charm.

4. The darker reinkers leave streaks where the reinker runs back into the ornament (you can't get all the excess reinker back out), I liked the results with the lighter reinkers better

I used (from L to R, top row first) Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, and Glorious Green. I really like the Crushed Curry the best of all of them, but then gold and white is my theme, and this is real close to gold. The Tempting Turquoise one is fabulous also. I used Dazzling Diamonds Glitter for all of them. I have 6 more balls this size and 4 larger ones to do yet.
Thanks for looking, have a super duper day! .......... Glenda Mollet

1 comment:

Candy said...

Oh Glenda!
They are gorgeous - very beautiful!
Maybe I need to make a bunch of new ornaments for myself one of these days just like them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails