Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Birthday Easel Card

Sunday my downline and I headed to Campbell River (on Vancouver Island) about 1.5 hrs away for a Front Row Regional. It was truly great. I went to the Edmonton Regional, and just let me say that this was much better. Why you ask? Well it only took us 1.5 hrs to get there, no flying and depending on airports was involved, there was a small contingent of us demos, and if we had a question regarding the DVD, we could pause it and carry on. I missed the big venue part, but it was really nice. Thanks, Barbara, for putting this on for us!

So today I have an Easel Card to share with you. On Wednesday mornings I go to our local Recreation Center and have quality time with a bunch of great ladies in our local Sunshine Club. We make a card or two, have lots of laughs and its just awesome. Today I had to create one of the cards we will be doing this week. Here's a picture of the card outside and the inside too:


For the front I used a piece of Bride Specialty DSP and sponged it very lightly with Taken With Teal classic ink. Then I stamped the tree image from Very Versatile once on scrap paper then on the DSP. As the shiney parts of this paper do not hold ink, I used a sponge to lightly remove the ink on the shiney parts, which left the tree kind of in the distance. I wanted something very soft and flowey on this card. The layer with Ruby Red in it is poppped up and the sentiment is popped on dimensionals as well. Inside the sentiment is popped to provide the stop to rest the card on when it is open. Here are the details:
Stamps: Very Versatile, Sincere Salutations, Curvey Versus (inside)
Ink: Taken With Teal and Basic Gray classic pads
Paper: Bride Specialty DSP
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Taken With Teal, Ruby Red
Other: Dimensionals
These cards are so easy to make and they are definitely a WOW. I used the tutorial located in THIS post.
Have a super day............ Glenda Mollet

1 comment:

Candy said...

Beautiful, Glenda!
Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails