Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tie Bow Tutorial

I had numerous emails requesting information on how I made the bow on my cards from THIS post. So here goes, its my first tutorial, so be kind please..................

First I put one or two layers of ribbon around my card (I used the slot punch to form the holes to thread the ribbon through) and adhered it on the back =====>>>

Then I cut a length of ribbon and folded it in half making a loop like this ====>


Next you slip it under one or both of the ribbons already attached to the card ====>

Next you pull the tails down over the ribbon and slip them through the loop ===>
And pull them down tight ======>

Make sure you pull it good and tight, this step may take some playing on your part to make the bow look the way you would like it, some ribbons are stiffer than others ======>


Once you get it to look the way you want, slip a glue dot (I have one on the end of my scissors in this picture) under the top loop to secure it ====>

This is what it looks like when it is finished ====>
I hope this helps and you are able to see how I did this "Tie Bow".
Thanks for your interest..................... Glenda Mollet

3 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

Thanks very much for your tutorial!!!

Joyce Spear said...

Great job with the tutorial, and the bow itself is so clever! Thank you for sharing it.

Julie said...

Thanks so much for posting this. Was wondering how you did it.
Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails