Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Technique Class - Embossing With Dies

Hello Friends!

Every month I hold a Technique Class.  Sometimes it is a different fold for a card, or a different way for the card to move. Sometimes it is a technique, and sometimes it is a 3D item.

In March our Technique Class was Embossing With Dies.  In January I went to a Stampin' Up! Canadian Business Conference in Toronto.  We had some organized swaps which resulted in some amazing cards. I had 2 roomies and we always exchange pillow gifts and make each other our swap cards even if we are not in that swap.

This card was created by my new roomie, Leanne Livingstone (she does not have a blog).  This technique was done in my classes a long time ago, but I had totally forgotten about it.  Leanne revived it for me, and I created a class based on her card (the first one) and I card I created (the second one).  Here are the cards.....


and an upclose view of the embossed dragonfly.


I also used the Dragonfly Dreams bundle for my card ....


And the upclose picture of the embossing ...


This technique is so much fun and a great way to showcase the Silicone Mat.

You have to have a specific sandwich on your Big Shot to achieve the technique without cutting your cardstock or the silicone mat.  I remember years ago when we had the black silicone mat I did this technique and used the wrong sandwich.  I ended up cutting the cardstock and the mat, that was an expensive lesson!

The sandwich - from the top to the bottom - is:

   Clear Cutting Plate
   Die
   Cardstock
   Silicone mat
   Cardboard
   Multi purpose platform (1 tab open or just the thick part if you have the new one)

By doing this, the mat and cardboard move enough so the die doesn't cut them, just embosses the cardstock while pressing down through the Big Shot.  You can do this with any thinlets or framelets.

A list of supplies can be found below my signature.  Click on any picture to go to my online store and order your Silicone Mat, Dies and Cardstock to create your own embossing.  Or you can EMAIL ME and I would be happy to place the order for you.

Have a Crafty Day!












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails