Thursday, May 26, 2016

Masculine May Card Share - The Open Sea

Hello Everyone!

I am so very sad to see two of my favourite stamp sets retiring, so I had to get one more card in using the World Map background stamp and The Open Sea stamp set.


I found this one on a blog called invisiblepinkcards but there was no name I could find on the blog to identify the stamper.  Thank you who ever you are, I love this card.  Don't you???

Sometimes I love to do collagy type cards and this one works very well and leaves a lot of white space around it.

We made a mask out of copy paper by cutting out the center and leaving a 3/4" border all around
First, stamp the ship in early espresso ink
Create a mask for it out of a post-it note and put it over top of the ship
Put the mask on the very vanilla piece
Then stamp the World Map in Early Espresso ink
Remove the mask from the ship (which is under neath the large front mask)
Replace the front mask and sponge in the square hole in the middle using Soft Suede ink
Remove the mask and stamp the small dots from Gorgeous Grunge in Early Espresso ink
Ink up the large blobs from Gorgeous Grunge and stamp them off on scrap paper before stamping on the card front
I coloured 3 Perfect White Dots using a bronze sharpie and attached them
The happy birthday is inked in Cherry Cobbler and stamped on a separate piece of Very Vanilla cardstock
I punched the left edge with the Banner Punch (also retiring) and adhered it with dimensionals
The last thing is to sponge around the outside of this piece with Soft Suede ink and put it onto a Very Vanilla card base

Not much time left now to order Retiring Items from Stampin' Up!  On May 31st some really great products will be disappearing forever.  EMAIL ME if I can help you place an order if you live in Canada and don't already have a Demonstrator.

Have a crafty day!   Glenda Mollet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails