Friday, October 9, 2015

Halloween Fun

I usually don't do Halloween cards in my classes or events. This year with all the awesome products in the new Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue I couldn't resist.

Here is one of the cards we recently did at my Monthly Stamp Club ....

At convention in July we were introduced to a great new (to me anyways) technique I call Tombo Splattering.  I used it on this card and it's a great way to add bling to any background.


To do this technique here is what you do:
1 - pour a blob of Tombo Multipurpose Glue into a plastic container (I used a button container)
2 - using an Aqua Painter add water to the Tombo until it is the consistency of creamed soup (the thinner the glue concoction is, the smaller your blobs of glitter will be
3 - load your Aqua Painter up with the glue mixture
4 - hit the Aqua Painter on your other fingers so that it splatters the glue mixture onto your background
5 - sprinkle glitter (I used gold glitter here) over the Tombo splatters
6 - tap off excess glitter back into your container
7 - let the background dry while you create the remainder of the card
8 - once it is dry use a very soft brush (like a makeup brush) to brush off the excess glitter

I even used this technique on the Black Glimmer Paper circle in the middle of the card with awesome results.  Why not give it a try?  This card was inspired by a card on Pinterest by Melissa Davies.

Have a crafty day!
Glenda Mollet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails