Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Modern Label Punch Repunched Tutorial

Yesterday I shared this card with you .....
Up on the top right hand corner I have a sentiment punched with the Modern Label punch, but it is much smaller than the original punched shape.  I call it "Repunching".  Today I have a tutorial for you on how to do this with your punch ....
Here are the supplies you will need ... the Modern Label Punch, Ink, Sentiment Stamp, Cardstock
 Stamp your image ....
 Punch it out with the Modern Label Punch ...
Take a scrap of cardstock (I am using the piece I just punched the sentiment out from) and put a bit of adhesive tape on the end.  This will make an "extender" to use ...
 Stick the corner of your sentiment to the adhesive tape ...
 Put it back into the punch from the outside of the punch as shown and punch your image ...
 Turn the piece around and adhere the end you just repunched to the extender ...
 Put it back into the punch and repunch again ...
 There you go, a repunched sentiment that has the same shape as the original one, just shorter ...
 Here is a comparison of the original size, and the repunched size ...
I am all about using the punches for much more than they were originally intended.  I hate having tools in my craft room that have just one purpose.  You can make this any length you want depending on how long your sentiment is.  I chose to layer it onto the Large Oval punch.
Hope you give it a try.  Happy Stampin' .....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails