Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sail Away Masculine Card

A couple of years ago a very dear friend, and talented stamper, sent me a card that I fell in love with.  It was very simple, but very eyecatching.  I have held onto that card (physically as well as in my minds eye) until I found a stamp that I could recreate the card with.  Here is the card I cased ....


I was so excited when I first saw this stamp, called "Sail Away" in the new Stampin' Up! Summer Mini catalogue.  I knew it would be perfect to recreate Mi Ran's card.  This card takes about 5 minutes to make, and that includes cutting all the paper and doing the insides and a coordinating envelope!  The lines I drew by hand with my black Stampin' Write Marker.  The sentiment is from Starring You a set I aquired during Sale-A-Bration in 2010.  It fits the bill perfectly.  The card is very flat and very light, so it is easy and inexpensive to mail. I popped up the sentiment, but you don't have to and it would still look great.
Thank you Mi Ran for your inspiration.  I absolutely love this card.  It is so verstile, you could make it in any colour your want.  I think it would be awesome in Not Quite Navy, or Pacific  Point, or even Real Red!
Stamps:  Sail Away, Starring You
Ink:  Basic Black
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Other:  1-3/4" Circle Punch, Circles #2 Die (1-1/2" circle), Black Stampin' Write marker.
Happy Stampin' and I hope wherever you are that you are safe and sound from the horrible storms and flooding happening all over the world!
...........................................................   

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yes, Glenda, very nice and simple card. Those are great for guys. Your right about it in different colors. Hugs, Rea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails