Sunday, October 3, 2010

World Card Making Day 2010 Event

This year I had a special idea of what I wanted to do for World Card Making Day.  I decided I wanted to get some cards together and send them to our "local" Ronald McDonald House which is in Vancouver, BC.  I live on Vancouver Island, but all the families that have children undergoing Cancer treatment use the Vancouver RMH. 
So a while ago I sent out an "I need help" email to all my Stampin' Family and boy the response I got was truly overwhelming.  I had 14 ladies offer to come to my craft room and make up the card kits I prepared, and so many also donated cards of their own.  I can't thank these wonderful ladies enough, it truly warms my heart right to the bottom.  A family member has a friend whose family is using the RMH right now, so these cards are because of that special family member (Hi, you know who you are!) telling me about the friend. (sorry all names have been left out on purpose to protect their privacy).
Today the ladies came to my craft room and created over 50 cards.  These cards are in a box along with over 170 more that have been donated, for a total of 222 cards!!!  Isn't that phenomenal?  I still have some to come in too.
Here are some pictures of those wonderful ladies having a great time.  There was chocolate involved too!  The local TV station (Shaw Cable) even sent over Jenny Forton and her TV camera to take some pictures.  Then we made sure she made a card as well, her very first!





and here is the box of cards, and this is not all of them yet... ... ...


Thanks again, ladies, for an amazing day!  I will be turning this into an annual event too.
                                           ... ... ...  Glenda Mollet   ... ... ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenda, WOW!!! What a great idea, I am sure you had so much fun. I would have. What a blessing that will be to the "House". Looks like the cards were beautiful too. Hugs, Rea, P.S. Did you get my package yet? Just wondering, I have been excited for you to get it. Let me know when you do, please.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails