Monday, October 11, 2010

Stampin' Up! Bat Punch Scallop Edge

On my last card HERE I used the new Stampin' Up! Bat Punch to create the scalloped edge at the bottom of the Early Espresso layer.  Here is a tutorial on how I did that ... ... ...

Cut your cardstock to 1-1/2 inches wide by the lenth required (I used 1-1/2 x 4-1/4) ... ... ...

 Then mark the center of your cardstock ... ... ...


 Line up the center you marked between the feet of the bat like so ... ... ...


Punch out your first image ... ... ...


It should look like this ... ... ...


Then move the punch to the end of the first punched out section and align the curve of one wing with the curve of the one to be punched out ... ... ...





They should line up like this ... ... ...


When punched you will get this ... ... ...


Continue punching in the same manner on both sides of the first punch out ... ... ...


You will end up with an edge like this (this is the back side)  ... ... ...


This is the right side ... ... ...

Ta-Da! You are done, and its ready for your card.  Because the inside of the punch is flat, just make sure you push your cardstock all the way down inside the punch and you will get a nice even and straight edge.  I just used this and cut another piece of cardstock to finish matting my main image and it worked like a charm.  Because the cardstock is so dark, you cannot even see the line where they meet..

Thanks for visiting, hope your weekend was an awesome one.  Ours was great, Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians... ... ... ... ... ... ... Glenda Mollet 

4 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

I am always in awe of the different uses for punches. What a great idea and thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

you are unbelievable!! thanks for offering a tutorial

Monica-FC said...

I think this is so cool, another use for a punch. I don't understand how you get it lined up though with the last punch. I read it and looked at the picture but it still confuses me. can you show that part alittle more for me please. thank you.

craftystamper said...

What a neat idea. I like the fact that now there is another use for the bat punch. You were really thinking outside the box (er bat) when you discovered this. Thanks so much for the tutorial for this. I am definitely going to try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails