Friday, March 5, 2010

Old Olive Vintage Birthday

Another card for you today. It is not 100% Stampin' Up! but I wanted to use this punch as this card is destined for a special person.
I have some Stampin' Around Wheels, but almost never use them. I have them put away where they are out of sight out of mind. Last weekend my DH and I re-arranged my drawers in my craft room. (the poor guy, he was moving drawers for about 2 hours, and some he moved more than once! I have IKEA closet shelves and matching drawers and they are so easy to move about). Anyways, I digress. I found my wheels again and decided I had to put some ink to them. Now I wonder why I don't use these more than I do. They are so quick and simple to use, and have that WOW factor we are all looking for. For this card I used the Very Vintage jumbo wheel available in the Occasions Mini catalogue (only until April 30th).
Here's the list of supplies I used:
Stamps: Very Vintage Wheel, Well Scripted
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Gray
Cardstock: Kraft, Basic Black, Old Olive, Whisper White
Other: Jumbo Wheel handle, Old Olive Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Filigree Brad, Wide Oval Punch, 1/16" punch, smallest oval from the Ovals Die, Big Shot, glue dots, MS punch
I tied the bow then used the 1/16" punch to punch a hole through the knot part, then I slipped the Filigree Brad through it and used glue dots to secure the brad, then secure the bow to the card. I also don't use Kraft Cardstock any where near as often as I should. It makes a great anchoring colour for the card.
Well, off outside now to enjoy some more sunshine. Another truly unbelieveable day in our little town. We never get sun during the winter, just lots and lots of fog. This year has been exceptional and I enjoy every moment of the sun.
Bye for now................ Glenda Mollet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails