Monday, March 22, 2010

New Card FINALLY.......

Well its been a very long time, but I am finally back with a new card. It's been quite the couple of weeks, let me tell you. As some of you know, my DH works March to November each year teaching Commercial Boating Courses on, and around, Vancouver Island. This year started on March 13 when we moved our travel trailer out to the west coast of Vancouver Island, back onto Mackenzie Beach. Now that I am "retired" I get to bop back and forth between where he is teaching and staying in our trailer, and home where our Grandson is. Gotta have James time to keep me sane!! Hee hee, so much fun. Today is his 2nd birthday, so we were home on Friday (DH's only day off this week) for his party. My how time flies. Here is a picture of the beach this a.m. when my SIL and I had our morning walk......


No sunshine today, but there is supposed to be tomorrow. Doesn't matter, the beach is awesome anyway.

Today I finally created a card that is not "cased". I have been making lots of cards but they have been cased. I love so many cards I see, that I need to make them. I won't share these ones, as they are already out there. This card was "inspired" by Sandi MacIver HERE is the link to her card. I made her card, then was inspired to create this one of my own.......



For this card I used:
Stamp: Flower Fancy, Messages For Mom
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Real Red
Markers: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Paper: Bride Specialty DSP
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Black and White Striped Ribbon, Circle Fire Brad, Movers and Shapers, Modern Label, VersaMark Pen, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge, Dimensionals
I think when I go home, I will make this card using Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Bridesmaid Specialty DSP. I think it will match the striped ribbon a bit better.
Thanks Sandi, for your inpiration! Well, its time for my evening beach walk, I wonder what treasure(s) I will find this time.
.... thanks for looking..... Glenda Mollet

2 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this flower is so beautiful, great job with the ribbon, can't wait to get tjis flower next month-on special !!!!
hugs,
Chat
Thanks for the warm fuzzies, it was so thoughtful of you!!!!!

sandi maciver said...

Hi Glenda, your card is absolutely stunning and thank you so much for linking me, much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails