Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers - SC261

I sat down yesterday to make a card just for the fun of it. I had already done the Mojo Monday sketch challenge, so I decided to head on over to Splitcoast Stampers and decided to do their SC261 challenge. I love this week's sketch, simple and fun to create. Just had a bit of a blonde moment when it came to reversing the DSP to use the other side of the striped one. Who knew it would be so challenging. I actually made 2 cards with the same sketch, papers and colours. On the first one I used Flower Soft for the petals on the Thoughts and Prayers Tree - here's my picture:



I used the Fuschia Flower Soft for this project. Then I wanted to do one with just Stampin' Up! products for a future class. This is the picture for that one:

I was blog hopping the other day and came across a video on this super idea for a bow on your card. I am truly sorry, I can't remember whose blog it was on. But you use 2 different ribbons (I used Old Olive 1/4" GG to wrap around the card, and Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot to make the bow). I squished up the bow part in the middle, and tied the Old Olive around the bow in a knot. Then wrapped the OOlive around the card and snipped off the ends of the bow. I love this look. I am always on the lookout for ways to use ribbons as I just "may" have a "few" rolls!!! LOL.
Here's the recipe for this card:
Stamps: Thoughts And Prayers
Ink: Old Olive, Almost Artichoke (for the flower soft version for the tree)
Markers: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, Regal Rose, Always Artichoke
Paper: Cottage Wall DSP
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Other: Old Olive 1/4" GG Ribbon, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon, Dimensionals, Brayer
I did a bit of brayering on the WW piece for the tree first. I inked with Old Olive, started rolling just off the WW piece, and pulled the colour up from the bottom. Just to give it a bit of depth and ground the image. Then I used my Old Olive marker to make some grass spears at the bottom of the trunk.
So there it is, my first card of the year. See you soon, In My Craft Room.......
.............. Glenda Mollet

2 comments:

MarieK said...

Very pretty! Those two sets are my favourites too.
Thanks for sharing your great projects and inspiring us all!

Candy said...

Oh Glenda these are wonderful!
May I steal the idea? Perfect for the Sympathy card I have to make....
Don't know if I am possitive what you did with the ribbon though.
Hugs,
Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails